Emergency Services for U.S. Citizen in Botswana
The Consular Section makes every effort to assist U.S. Citizens in emergency situations.
Emergencies may include:
- Death of a U.S. Citizen abroad
- Arrest/detention of a U.S. Citizen abroad
- Sending Money
- Help for U.S. Victims of Crime Overseas
- U.S. Citizens missing abroad
- Abduction of a child abroad
- Lost and Stolen U.S. Passports Abroad
- Emergency Financial Assistance for U.S. Citizens Abroad
For more details about what the State Department can and cannot do in an emergency, please visit the State Department's "Emergencies and Crises" webpage.
If you require immediate assistance after hours or on weekends, you may contact the Marine Security Guard at +267-395-7111 who will put you in contact with the embassy duty officer. This line is only for use by American citizens and should only be used in a true emergency.
In the case of emergencies, you may call or stop by the embassy anytime during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 08:00 until 17:00. Please inform the guards at security that you require emergency consular services. Please remember that routine consular services are ONLY offered during posted business hours.