Non-Immigrant Visa Information
To apply for a visa, all applicants must:
- Successfully complete the application form (DS-160) on-line and print the application confirmation sheet.
- Successfully schedule an appointment on-line
For most visa classes application must appear at the U.S. Embassy to:
- Pay the application fee
- Be fingerprinted
- Be interviewed by the U.S. Consul.
All visa applicants should:
- Bring all required and supporting documents according to the application instructions
- Be prepared to discuss their purpose of travel and their ties to their home country
Normally, approved visas are available for collection within two (2) business days after the interview.
Visa applications are carefully reviewed and, in rare cases, are subject to additional administrative processing which can take several weeks to complete.
We cannot guarantee that you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa.
Every effort is made ensure that appointments are readily available and cases are processed quickly. Our appointments are scheduled in 3 blocks of 10 appointments on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 08:00, 08:30 and 08:45. These appointment times reflect the time you should arrive at the Embassy to begin the interview process and applicants will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis within this framework.
Each case takes time to process and wait times between your arrival and the actual interview can be more than an hour. Some cases requiring additional processing can take several weeks to resolve. All visa applicants are encouraged to plan ahead and allow enough time to complete the process well in advance of their planned travel.