REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICE
Welcome to the Regional Security Office
A Regional Security Office (RSO) is a U.S. overseas mission section dedicated to the protection of U.S. personnel, information, and property abroad as defined by the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS).
The Bureau of Diplomatic Security is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State. DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information.
The lead officer in a Regional Security Office is designated the Regional Security Officer (RSO also) and additional Special Agents either Deputy Regional Security Officer (DRSO) or Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO).
The Regional Security Office:
- Manages a range of programs designed to protect Department of State personnel, facilities and information.
- Advises the Ambassador on all security matters.
- Protects the Secretary of State and visiting foreign dignitaries.
- Investigates passport and visa fraud.
- Conducts personnel security investigations.