Self Help Fund
Ambassador's Self Help Fund
The Ambassador's Special Self-Help Fund in Botswana provides grants to assist small-scale community development projects. The objective of the fund is to encourage self-reliance within local communities, and to demonstrate the U.S. Government's interest in the welfare and social development of Botswana. Priority is given to projects that include significant community contribution and involvement.
- Individuals, businesses and government agencies do not qualify. Eligible applicants should be Non-governmental, Non-profit organizations.
- Self sustaining and/or income generating projects are preferred.
- SSHF monies cannot pay for operating costs, salaries, or training. Also, funding for vehicles and computers is not allowed.
- The maximum grant amount is $25,000, but typically ranges from $5,000 to $15,000.
- An organization can receive funds multiple times but only once for any particular project.
- Grantees must complete their projects within 12 months of signing the grant agreement.
SELF HELP FUND CONTACTS
U.S. Embassy Gaborone
P.O. Box 90
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.